Thursday, October 8, 2009

How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

sometimes i like mines, other times i hate mines. i hate the stares and the comments. it is growing, just not fast enough, and it takes a lot of conditioner and styling products to get it to act right. i also have a hard time sometimes looking at myself in the mirror. i would look so much better if i permed it, but i know the chemicals aren't good for me. i also know straightening it everyday is not good for me. the only nice comments i get are from people who aren't black, like white, or asian, or my parents. lol. but yeah do you have to keep convincing yourself your hair will grow long and you are beautiful with your natural hair, sometimes its so hard to get used to, and i'm 2 years without a perm.



How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

Maybe you need to find some products that work for you. Not every product works for everybody. Sometimes you just gotta let the comments roll off your back. Shake them haters off. lol. It's hard for Black ppl to think their/our hair is beautiful because of our history, but no matter what anybody says, your hair is beautiful. And if you stop concentrating on the growth, the next thing you know, your hair will be soooo much longer.



Now to answer your question, I LOVE MY HAIR!!!!!!! I don't hate it, but sometimes I get sick of the amount of hair I have and want to get it cut. But I haven't cut it, so it's all good.



How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

Mine grows like wild fire it Long silky shiny and thick and i just use normal shampoo



How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

sweetheart it takes years to appreciate what you've got I've been grey now for at least 10 years but my wife still loves me and that's good enough for me to keep looking in the mirror....



How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

My mom made me go natural after she chopped off a good 2 inches of perm out of my head. i thought i was going to die so i went through the fro phase, then the hot comb, wigs, and two strand twists. i went two years. I always said i hate my hair natural cause it was thick so i finally got a relaxer ,after i got it i cried because my hair felt so thin and unhealthy. so im going to get another relaxer to see how i like it because my hair is longer, put a little color in it and if i dont like it i will chop it off.



White people are always the ones to say Hey i like your hair or they tell me i should get dreads :(



How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

when it grows out, you'll love it! all those beautiful, healthy, springy ringletts. i really don't understand why there is such a big deal with african american hair! it's just very curly, and there's nothing wrong with that. i have really course, tight, frizzy curls with lots of unwanted volume and had relaxers before and i'm trying to grow mine out, because i'm really starting to miss my curls.



How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

So i'm not the only one who has thought the same about her natural hair then?!



Even though i'm black,i'm very light skinned(not mixed!) and my hair is an in-between of afro(when washed) and 70% straight(without straightening iron's) the rest of the time.



Though my hair texture has changed as i've got older,i realise i have great hair quality,as it's very light brown,kind of curly in parts and compare to most black peoples hair,very easy to manage when you know how!(Though i do have frustrating times when it's washed!)



It's very fly-away hair and is quite long(past my shoulder's)



Though i love it now,it was different as a child.......



It was darker in colour and the texture was completly different to what it is now.



I hated it!,



My Mum,alway's kept it looking good,so i was lucky,but i alway's wished it was easy to combe like my white mates.



Use to find it annoying when they would try and put there dirty hand's in it to feel it and say;"It's like cotton wool"(what did they exspect?...wire wool..perhaps?!)



When i was in my teen's i did think,(on many occasin's) of getting it curly permed like my Mum's at the time as i saw how easy it was for her to style it.But thought it through and realised it would damage it in the long run,so i didn't.



Since my teen's,and now(27) it has changed allot,and without any colouring or perming solution's, in it ever,........i'm glad!



I wouldn't have all the naturel curl's and waves i have now.....cause they would have been "bon out" with chemicals!



Stay naturel,........it doesn't cost any money,just a good shampoo/conditioner/and hair mayonaise treatment everytime it's washed-that's what i do.



I oil the scalp(when washed) and plait it everynight without fail.



It look's healthy,and i alway's get comment's about.



Best decision ever!



How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

that's weird, my hair grows at the same rate it did when i had a relaxer. the growth actually shows more since im nnot doing that much to it to cause it to break off. i love how my natural hair looks, and no it's not because i have a loose curl pattern, my hair is the kinky type and i love that about it. maybe you are just one of those people who prefer to have the look of striaght hair and does not feel that natural hair is beautiful. Also, i find that i need more products to make my relaxed hair act right, than i need to use to make my natural hair texture "act right"



How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

I absolutely love my natural hair. I made the mistake of relaxing it for my (ex) fiancee and hated it relaxed the entire time. I'm back to all natural and i love it. I'll probably never even consider relaxing it again. If i want it straight i'll probably just get it pressed



How do the natural haired sistahs feel about their natural hair?

i love my afro natural hair

No comments:

Post a Comment